The Twinpower panel is a hybrid photovoltaic thermal module (PVT), which produces Electricity and Thermal energy all in one panel. It is manufactured by the application of a heat exchanger on the back surface – the surface opposite to that which receives the solar radiation. A fluid flowing through the heat exchanger is heated due to the heat that solar radiation transmits to the photovoltaic cells, which is not converted into electrical energy. Special protective high-density polyurethane thermal insulation (SWT) maximizes the production of thermal energy, making negligible energy losses due to the convective heat (heat transfer).
- TWINPOWER (PVT) is a Natural PV cooling, because provides PV cooling by reducing the operating temperature of the PV modules, which improves the electrical performance up to 20-25% more electrical output.
- Excess heat buildup behind PV panel is a common problem, and for every 1°C above 26°C, the electrical output drops by 0,4 to 0,5 percent.
- A typical rooftop PV array may measure from 65° to 85°C which means its electrical output would fall by 25 to 30 % below the name plate rating.
- TWINPOWER (PVT) is a life span module, thanks to the cooling system, TWINPOWER works in condition of lower thermal stress, thereby ensuring the increase in life time expectancy in comparison to a normal PV system in the same operational condition
More advantages of a Photovoltaic Thermal (PVT) solar panel TWINPOWER are inherent to its double potential:
- DOUBLE BENEFICIAL: ELECTRIC ENERGY AND HEATS WATER;
- PROVIDE AND STORAGE A LARGE QUANTITY OF DHW (Domestic Hot Water)
- CAN BE USED FOR HEATING SWIMMING POOL WATER;
- THE INSTALLATION IS USUALLY 30% SMALLER THAN A CONVENTIONAL PV SYSTEM;
- PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION COSTS LOWER;
- MAINTENANCE OPERATIONS VERY LOW, SINCE THE TECHNOLOGY OF TWINPOWER IS MUCH SIMPLER THAN A COMBINATION OF TRADITIONAL SYSTEM WITH SOLAR THERMAL PANEL AND PHOTOVOLTAIC PANEL;
- REDUCES ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT;